Your most important responsibility is submitting the content on time. The Deep staff will do a final and close-edit to catch anything you might’ve missed.
WORD COUNT AND SELECTION
Each Deep author gets published. Select up to 3 pieces totaling up to 1,000 words per author. This will equal about 3 pages (plus their photo/bio page) in the published book.
EDITING AND DEEP STYLE
Deep defaults to the Chicago Manual of Style, 16th Ed. during the editing process. Download the Deep style guide for quick reference about commonly occurring issues.
Please do the following:
- Correct any egregious spelling or grammatical errors.
- Maintain the student’s voice. Keep any intentional spelling or grammar errors important to maintaining a specific voice or dialogue. If you’re unsure about maintaining voice, just leave it as-is, and we’ll catch it on the close edit.
- Look for errors in usage. Usage errors are the toughest ones for us to catch because of the volume of work we have to edit and because they are sneaky and hide within the context of the work. Some common examples include the misuse of your and you’re; less and fewer; further and farther; and only.
Download our formatting guidelines before submitting. Formatting makes sure that you communicate the student’s intention clearly during the publication process. If your students’ work is formatted correctly, it will save hours of work and allow staff to catch more subtle mistakes.
SUBMITTING THE WORK
It’s finally here! Time to submit your DeepKids for publication. Don’t worry, it’s easy!
- Download and reference the style guide and formatting guidelines as you begin typing the work of your Deep authors.
- Submit your Deep authors work no later than midnight on your due date (TBA).
- Submit work via this submission link.